VietCham Singapore was founded in February 2014 to represent and support the Vietnamese and Vietnam-related business community in Singapore as well as to promote commercial activities between Vietnam and Singapore.
In December 2015, VietCham Singapore was officially incorporated as an independent, non-profit, membership organisation in Singapore under the legal name of “VietCham (The Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce Ltd.), with senior management of some of the largest Vietnamese companies in Singapore (such as YKVN and VinaCapital), Singaporean companies (such as KenRidgeAsia, Eames Capital and Epsilon Mobile) as well as several other Vietnamese executives, professionals and entrepreneurs in Singapore as Charter Members.
To date, we have organised more than 20 events, connected 1,200 professionals & 70 companies across Singapore & Vietnam. We have partnered with various organisations and government agencies in both Vietnam and Singapore in our activities, including Trade Office – Vietnam Embassy in Singapore; The Singapore Venture Capital & Private Equity Association (SVCA); Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Ho Chi Minh City and Vung Tau; HCMC Young Business Association; Leading Business Club in Vietnam; Singapore Business Group in Vietnam, HCMC and Singapore Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCCI).
Pursuant to our Constitution, membership of VietCham Singapore are open to any Vietnamese companies, businesspeople, entrepreneurs and professionals based in Singapore, as well as Singapore-based companies and investors with an economic interest in Vietnam, who agree with VietCham Singapore’s objectives.
VietCham Singapore strives to promote the business interests of our Members and facilitate bilateral commercial activities between Vietnam and Singapore and to represent our Members in cooperation with other external parties. Our activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Organise business related forums, seminars, meets-up and networking events;
- Organise industry-specific working groups for Members and relevant stakeholders. The Agriculture Working Group, our first working group, started in 2015 and yielded quality research findings in collaboration with notable companies such as NTUC Fairprice, SGS, IIX, and Co Do Farm;
- Facilitate business connections among Members as well as with other partners;
- Establish, maintain, and foster relationship with other business groups, organisations, associations and government agencies, in consideration of the best interests of our Members.
Official names of VietCham Singapore:
- Short name: VietCham or VietCham Singapore
- Long name: The Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce in Singapore
- Legal entity: VietCham (The Vietnamese Chamber of Commerce) Ltd. (non-profit organisation registered as public company limited by guarantee, registration number: 201543222Z)